Vision, Aims and Values
At Shelley School we are 'working together to become even better'.
Our school aims to enable children to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve well
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
At Shelley School our values underpin the ART of learning for all members of our school community, which in turn links with the fundamental values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and respect for those with different faiths, beliefs and lifestyles.
We value the development of the skills, knowledge and attributes that will enable all to meet their aspirations
We value the development of the respect for ourselves, others and the wider world that will enable everyone to be included and their contribution recognised.
We value the development of the collaboration, co-operation and partnership between members of our community that will enable the betterment of all
We are always seeking ways to become even better as a school. In 2020-21, the focuses of our school development plan are to ensure:
- Learners develop detailed knowledge and skills across the curriculum;
- Learners are ready for the next stage of their education;
- Children have developed opportunities to be responsible, respectful and active citizens who contribute positively to society;
- There is a positive and respectful culture across the school